Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Stencils on Paper



















These are a collection of the lastest stencil artworks I have produced over the past week or so. A collection of pop culture icons painted with different techniques. Have discovered some interesting images can be produced with spray paint allowing for different textures by allowing more or less paint from the can. Have attempted to combine stencils with interesting backgrounds and textures. These were all done by cutting my stencil images from paper and spraying with aerosol paint. I have started to experiment with 2 layers with varing degrees of success, over spray is a problem. This is where paint creeps under the stencil not leaving a defined edge, and because i am somewhat of a perfectionist about these things it tends to bother me a little. The johnny cash ones I like and the SS Chavelle, however I am hoping to include some australian cars in the future. These originals and some prints will be available for purchase for a modest price at the Darra Fair coming up this sunday from 2pm onwards. Come down and check it out, even if its only to watch Bolt on the bigscreen, I haven't seen it yet so i might be in the crowd pushing small children out of the way. As always comments and suggestions welcome.

No comments: